1.21.2015

Swoon Worthy (and Toddler Approved!)

This month for my Cake Slice Baker's selection I opted for Swoon Pies, a homemade version of Moon Pies. These are only half dipped in chocolate and it is a good thing because I would have had to hose my taste tester off if they had been completely dipped in chocolate....

 
Elise was a fan and so was everyone else that we shared them with. No crazy ingredients or kitchen tools needed and a relatively quick bake. I would definitely make these again!


9 comments:

Sarah Shumate said...

I clicked on the recipe because these look SO good, but no. Way too much work!! They look like they'd taste even better than the real thing, though!

Jill said...

Mmmm yummy! I have to say, I was intrigued by the links to the Italian Cream Cakes - I had never heard of such a cake, but a friend invited me to dinner last week and served it for dessert... soooo yummy! I've been dreaming of it ever since... and now, here I see it on your blog! Cool!

Elle said...

Any dessert that lets a girl lick her fingers is a good one. Great work on the chocolate coating, too...looks professional.

Anne@FromMySweetHeart said...

Stacie...your swoon pies are making me swoon! I kind of wish I had made these now. And your taste tester is just beautiful! Chocolate hands and all! : )

OvenDelights said...

Stacy this child is the most adorable little girl ever! She is beautiful! It's good to see she enjoyed every crumb and lick of the pie! I'm afraid this is what I would have looked like if I had made these myself!

Emily said...

Your taste tester is so adorable! Yup, this is a keeper recipe, though I think the Italian cream cake is great too... shall we bake that too?

Sandra Lee said...

Your daughter is adorable and gives the best critique yet!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter looks like she's enjoying these as much as I did!

DomesticGoddessWannabe said...

LOL, love how your daughter loved these cookies!