12.30.2013

New Year's Tree

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, we did and celebrated so much that it led to a little blogging break!

This holiday season has been one for creating new traditions. Its no longer just the 2 of us, but now a family of 3, with a little one who soaks everything up. Its important to us to give her experiences and to create traditions that she will look forward to year after year. I think this is especially important to us in light of the fact that we don't "do" Santa - we don't want her to feel that she is missing out. This year we went to see Christmas lights and got Elise special ornaments as our traditions. I've got tons more ideas planned for when she gets older, but since she still is so little, those were a good place to start.

I pinned this idea for a New Year's tree from Sara at Our Best Bites a few years ago and knew that E would have fun with it, so last night after she went to sleep, I transformed our Christmas tree into a New Year's tree. I added streamers, balloons, tiaras, and party blowers. On New Year's Eve at 7:00 (which will be Elise's midnight!), we'll wear our tiaras, make some noise, and toss streamers and balloons. As she ages we'll add some of Sara's suggestions of money, jokes, or New Year's wishes in the balloons and pop them at midnight. And that is how our little family will ring in the New Year this year. How about you?

2 comments:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

Super cute Stacie! Happy New Year to you and yours! :)xoxoxo

Sarah Shumate said...

I kind of like the idea of NYE at 7! I have no idea how I'm going to stay awake until midnight! I'm too old for this! :o) Happy new year!!