11.27.2010

Goodbye, Charlie Brown Tree...

My Mom is super sentimental--saves everything in the hopes that we will want it some day. I remember this Christmas tree decoration that I made for her probably about 30 years ago--a painted green pine cone that had colored popcorn "ornaments." I think that I made it in Sunday School. The ornaments have been long gone, but Mom still sets it out every Christmas because I made it for her. I have been begging her to get rid of it for years, and finally she relented. Of course, she only agreed to get rid of it if I would make her something to replace it--super sentimental, remember? So, gone is the sad tree that made Charlie Brown's tree look like a beauty, replaced with a new ribbon tree. Of course, she is saving the pine cone and adding it to the memory box...but what did I expect?


No comments: