8.27.2009

The Best Things In Life Are Free...

Yes, I know there are very few free things in this old world anymore. All the more reason to snag them when they come along! Wanted to share a few of my favorite spots to get free recipes, home ideas and money saving coupons.
  • As I have mentioned, I love opening the mailbox to find magazines and catalogs. One of my favorite magazines used to be free, but I guess times caught up with the company and there is now a charge for a subscription. I'm apparently grandfathered in for a while and still get a copy, but I've compared it to the digital version that you can sign up for and it is an exact match. Kraft Food & Family is a quarterly digital mini-cookbook full of great, affordable recipes. They also make coupons available from time to time. You can sign up here.
  • Pillsbury has similar email newsletters available, including an email exclusively for families of 2, with smaller portioned recipes, so you don't have to eat leftovers for a week. Coupons are available at their site as well. You can choose newsletters to be sent to you here.
  • Lowe's Creative Ideas magazine is a free bi-monthly magazine. Its full of ideas and includes supply lists and pricing for every project. Sign up for it here.
  • Do It Yourself offers a weekly email newsletter full of great ideas on the cheap. Sign up here.

Don't want all of these emails flooding your Inbox? Set up an email address exclusively for online newsletters and contests.

And, please don't throw away those circulars that you get in the mailbox! You get one just about every week and this week alone, we received coupons for 8 restaurants!

What about you? Snagged any good free stuff lately?

1 comment:

Mandi Shandi said...

Hey! I gave you an award on my blog if you have time to swing by and get it. Thanks for being the real deal!