8.28.2009

An Award For Little Old Me?


One of my bestest bloggy buddies, Mandi has graciously presented me with this Honest Scrap award. Mandi is one of my favorite blog reads and is fast becoming a true friend--we're even planning a little road trip in the near future! She is a great Mom to 2 super cute kids, way crafty, and working her behind off on Weight Watchers to get all super model for us. If you stop by and check her blog out, you'll see what I mean.

In accepting this award, I need to do the following:

1. Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2. Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4. Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.

10 Random/Honest Things about Me:
1. I am the oldest of 2 kids. My younger brother is 3 1/2 years younger than me. I, of course, had it way harder than he did growing up, because everybody knows the baby does no wrong.

2. I dropped out of college with only student teaching left to go because I didn't want to take out any more student loans. Ah, the ignorance of youth. I am not particularly career oriented, I think because I just haven't figured out how to get paid to cook and craft for a living.


3. I love Diet Pepsi and if stranded on a desert island, would probably be able to go without food, as long as I had an endless supply of cold Diet Pepsi. My preference is to have it in a cup, ice cold, but without ice--this is a Yankee habit that I got from my non-Yankee husband who always gets drinks without ice in order to get more in the glass.


4. I have watched General Hospital every day religiously since high school. Right now, I am still DVR'ing episodes and fast forwarding through them until they reunite my favorite couple.


5. I could go to Target every day and never get tired of it. I don't even have to buy anything, just going is enough. Same is true for Hobby Lobby.


6. Upon seeing the Rev for the first time, I turned to the person beside me and said "That is the man I am going to marry." That was almost 10 years ago and I finally managed to drag him kicking and screaming down the aisle almost 5 years ago. He is truly my best friend.


7. I am a NEAT FREAK. If the Rev were to move one thing in the house, I would be able to walk in and point it out immediately. We are seriously the Odd Couple in that way...one of us is being punished...


8. My biggest fear is never becoming a mother.


9. The noise that will drive me crazy the fastest is if someone uses an emery board to file their nails, a nail file is fine, but the emery board can make me cringe like no other sound...ooohhhh... except a lady scratching a panty hose clad leg with long fingernails....


10. I have a super high gag reflex and will make "the noise" if someone even describes something relatively gross or if I smell anything disgusting. If anyone throws up in my presence, you can bank on me being next.


I tag...
Courtney, Rebekah, Richella, Beckie, Kristi, Tanya, and Kelly because as different as they all are, they have all brought creative ideas, insight, encouragement, a great recipe, new friendships, spiritual advice, or laughs to me through their blogs. Thanks for being real, girls!

5 comments:

Richella Parham said...

Stacie! I'm honored. This is so kind of you. Now if I can figure out how to "grab" the cute photo and think of ten honest things about myself that won't embarrass me too much. . . oh well, who cares if I'm embarrassed? THANK YOU. Thank you.

Blessings,
Richella

Mandi Shandi said...

I laughed out loud at some of your answers, and nodded my head in agreement to all the others. We are more alike than you think!

kristi_temple said...

Thank you so much for this award. I'd like to thank the academy . . . J/K. I was laughing at some of your answers as I am sure you will at mine once I get it all posted.

Rebekah said...

Thanks for thinking of me!!!! :)

Infarrantly Creative said...

Wow thank you for thinking of me with such high regard as to give me that award. Out of all your blogroll...you have some pretty amazing women on there!