3.28.2009

I {Heart} Cracker Barrel!

Well, it is another cold, rainy weekend here--I am starting to think that we are in Seattle! So, I am cooking up a storm again, making all of our dinners for the coming week. I love me some Cracker Barrel, but we don't have one here--(have I mentioned that there is no Target here either?)--so I decided to make our own Cracker Barrel dinner! I found this recipe online (I don't remember where, so if it is yours--thanks!) for Chicken Tenderloins like the ones with that good sauce that they serve at the CB, so I decided to give it a whirl.

Super simple and super delish! We aren't having them for dinner tonight, but I had to give them a taste and a stamp of approval before I passed the recipe on to you. Not sure if they taste exactly like Cracker Barrel--I may have needed to let them caramelize a bit more, but they are some kind of good!

Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Tenderloins (Like Cracker Barrel's)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 cup zesty Italian dressing
2 tsp lime juice
3 tsp honey

Place chicken in gallon ziplock bag. Combine all other ingredients and pour over. Seal and marinate for at least 1 hour.


Pour all ingredients into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until liquid evaporates and remaining marinade becomes thick and caramelized. Coat each piece of chicken in marinade by rubbing it around on the bottom of the pan before removing it.

1 comment:

Mandi Shandi said...

I'll have to give this a try. WE LOVE Cracker Barrel too, and my 3 year old calls it the Chicken Barrel, because he always gets chicken there.