3.01.2009

Center of Attention

No, not me...centerpieces! I have had the chance to create several centerpieces lately and wanted to share.
Snowflake centerpiece I put together for a surprise 50th birthday party for Lil' Miss Wilkes' Mom a few weeks back.
Easter centerpiece that Lil' Miss Wilkes and I put together for the front table in our office foyer. When in doubt, throw some filler in a vase and add a candle! Just the week before these vases had conversation hearts and candles for Valentine's Day.
Western themed centerpiece that I put together for a bridal shower last weekend. As you may know, I love being thrifty--this one was less than $10, thanks to the $2 Goodwill boots. Not bad for a centerpiece that can be used again at the wedding!
Diaper cake centerpiece that I put together for a baby shower last weekend. Fun and practical--when the shower is over, disassemble and the new parents have a head start on diapers!
Not really centerpieces, but yesterday we had an event at the church where we decorated themed tables for each month of the year. The Rev and I were responsible for January and September. We try to think outside of the box and not do the expected, so we chose Chinese New Year for January and of course, Kickoff to Gamecock Football for September!
Best rules for centerpieces--be practical and thrifty, use as much of what you have on hand or purchase only items that you can use again, borrow before buying, and HAVE FUN!!

1 comment:

Mandi Shandi said...

Girl! These centerpieces are awesome! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the comment love. I am gonna have to start dropping in on you too because from what I have seen so far, you are FABULOUS! Looking forward to getting to know you better.