5.06.2015

The Smoke Smell? Yep, It's Still There...

When last we talked about my crazy health issues, I was frustrated with my neurologist, taking EVIL Topamax, and still experiencing almost daily headaches and smoke smells.

Fast forward 2 1/2 months and my appointment with a neurologist that specializes in headaches finally arrived. There are only 2 of these neurologists serving our area so the wait was crazy long! She is awesome! She spent over an hour with us listening to everything that has been happening and asking all sorts of questions to help get to the cause of the smell and headaches.

I'm stepping off on the Topamax and starting a different daily medication called Inderal. She completed some lab work and has ordered an extended EEG, an MRI to specifically check the veins and blood flow in the brain, a sleep study, and a visit to an opthamologist. And oh yeah, she said to stop googling symptoms...she clearly has me figured out. So no real concrete answers yet, but definitely taking steps in the right direction. We shall see.....

2 comments:

Sarah Shumate said...

Boy, do I know how frustrating this is for you. But I also know how good it feels when a doctor finally listens to you, so hopefully this one will take everything you said and find the correct path for you. I really hope they can get your crazy brain figured out! ;)

Jill said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for you that this issue is on-going. You must be so frustrated, but relieved to have found a doctor that is finally going to help you! My family doc is a laid-back guy who can calm me down with just a little chat, and he's ALWAYS warning me not to google health things - lol. He knows I'm my own worst enemy!