3.20.2015

You Have To Start Somewhere...

When all of this drama forced me to give up my diet soda, I bought a fancy new water bottle. I found that once I had the right water bottle - for me that means one with a straw - and a splash of lime was added, I don't mind the water so much. I'm up to 3 bottles a day, which is huge for me.


Once I conquered the water, I knew it was time to get focused on adding in some exercise. I used to go to the gym before Elise was born, but going now would mean sacrificing the already short amount of time that I have with her in the evenings, so I need something that I can do at home. Jill began talking about the 21 Day Fix (a combination of a portion control system and exercise DVD's) and it seemed like something that I wanted to try. As luck would have it, I found a friend getting rid of her system for next to nothing, so I am going to sit down with it this weekend and study it all and get a meal plan worked out and start my first workout.
The final piece of the puzzle? It is time to retire my 7 year old Easy Spirit sneakers that the Rev's Mom gave me and come into this century. The Rev took me shoe shopping on our date night last week and even though I kicked and screamed because they have no just plain white shoes (ya'll know how plain I am!), these fit great, and will be here tomorrow (the store didn't have my size in stock so we ordered online).


Obviously, I have a lot of weight to lose and will need many rounds of the 21 Day Fix, but you have to start somewhere...

1 comment:

Sarah Shumate said...

I'm so proud of you, Stacie!! And I love your new shoes! Good luck with your new diet and exercise plan. You're going to feel so good when you start seeing the pounds coming off!! xx