9.09.2014

Tipsy Tuesday (#279)

It's September, football season is in full swing and the temperatures are only going to be in the 70's this week. Bring on fall, ya'll! Nothing screams fall to me like beautiful burlap wreaths. And Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous  has this awesome tip to help you cut burlap straight (I always struggle with this!)

Tip #279

"Snip the edge of the burlap and pull one single strand of burlap out. Then using scissors, cut along the line where the strand was removed and you will get a completely straight line! This will also help the burlap from shedding as much. "

I have a great fall arrangement for our front door, but I really want to make a ruffled burlap wreath like the one pictured for our side door. Has anybody made one? What's your favorite outdoor fall decor?

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm itching to get out my fall decorations - hopefully this weekend! I have lots of gourds and fall leaves and a cute wreath for my door. I've never tried making my own, but I love that burlap one you posted - so nice!

Sarah Shumate said...

My favorite outdoor fall decor is the natural kind - the changing leaves, grass just beginning to turn brown. I can't wait to photograph London this fall since I missed it last year!