7.30.2013

Tipsy Tuesday (#225)

Because every penny counts...

Tip #225

be sure to make yourself aware of possible back to school savings in your area.

Many states offer tax free weekends before the school year begins to help you stretch your budget. The tax free status typically applies to clothing, books, school supplies, and computers. Not a student? Doesn't matter - the savings still apply to you if you purchase approved items. Here is a complete list of tax free weekends and qualifying items by state. Happy shopping!

**Alright now, I'm talking tips, head over to see what Impulsive and Shawn are talking about on Talk to us Tuesday!**

4 comments:

Connie said...

I love sales on school supplies!

Sarah Shumate said...

I love tax free weekends! That's when I'd do my clothes shopping, too, if I needed anything just so I could take advantage of that. In Tennessee, our sales tax is 10%, so it makes a big difference!

Emmy said...

Not surprised CA did not make the list

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

We have the tax free thing here too and I have never been- this is our first year with Ryan starting school but not sure how much it really saves-- rumor is that they cut prices even more after that weekend and you can save more later-- but what is left!? that's the question!