9.26.2012

Nursery DIY: A Rescue, A Pillow, & A Pouf

Continuing with the nursery show and tell...

The rocking chair was a rescue. Someone was just going to leave it behind in a house that was being sold and the Rev's Mom (she's a realtor) rescued it and held on to it for us for 6 years. It just needed a good cleaning, some new snazzy upholstery and a little hot pink trim.

Of course, once it was finished, I knew it needed a little softness for those long nights rocking, so I used Ashley's tutorial to make the pillow with side ties.

And then, what good is a rocking chair without somewhere to prop up your feet? This pouf (tutorial here) is by far my favorite DIY in this room. It is so much fun to look at and I can already see little Baby Herface dragging it around the house and using it as her cozy sitting space.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Your babe's got one stylin' nursery! Love the DIY touches. So sweet!! And how awesome is it that your mother-in-law hung on to that chair for so long for you?! Amazing! :)

Marian Hertzog said...

Oh my,so sweet! I can see that "pouf" being a favorite for her! So exciting!

Rebecca said...

everything is looking so cute i love what you are doing
Come Say HI

Emily said...

Good job!

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

These are such great colors!! I love them!!
I can't wait to hear HER FACE's name!!!!