8.13.2012

DCB Recipe #28: Pasta Bake

Pasta and pepperoni is a winner!

Pasta Bake

1 lb penne pasta
2 cloves garlic
1 jar of pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup Parmesan
1 tsp Italian seasoning
½ cup chopped pepperoni
Vegetable oil

Toss the pasta with the vegetable oil, lightly coating and turning the pasta.

Add garlic. Add water until the pasta is just peeking through (almost covered). Cover with lid and Microwave for 15 minutes. Open
lid and stir pasta. The pasta should be al‐dente and the water should be gone. If not, then return to the microwave for an additional 2‐3 minutes

Add remaining ingredients, reserving ¼ cup mozzarella. Mix well into pasta. Top with remaining mozzarella. Cover with lid and microwave for 8‐10 minutes until mozzarella is melted.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

this is dinner tomorrow night

Anonymous said...

I am making a super similar recipe tomorrow for dinner except my recipe uses the crock pot! Both look delicious!

LeeLu Creations said...

That looks so good! I got a DCB from my mother in law but it won't fit in my microwave! I'm devastated.

Unknown said...

I have made this so many times substituting the pepperoni with ground hamburger. We used to make it in the oven and it took almost 3 x as long. Thank you thank you!!!

Unknown said...

Made this with rigatoni instead. The water ran out of the DCB while cooking. Sheesh. Not sure if it was the pasta type or what. Either way it looks delish and I can't wait to take it to my work potluck tomorrow.