1.21.2012

Tiramisu Cake = Epic Fail

I was never really excited about this month's Cake Slice Baker's selection, a Tiramisu Cake. I'm not a coffee person, so a cake soaked in coffee does nothing to excite me. Add to that the bajillion steps and I was dreading it.

I'd like to tell you that I was surprised by how easy and delicious the cake was, but it was neither. The cakes turned out rubbery and I thought the mascarpone cheese mixture had a very strong, unpleasant flavor.

The only thing that made me feel better was many others who made it saying they thought it was gross, too. Better luck next month!

4 comments:

OvenDelights said...

Thats awfull! How disapointing for you, after you were having a hard time finding the ingredients for this recipe for it to turn out bad :(
I have never heard of this filling being cooked or containing gelatin. I skipped all those steps for that reason. I hate it when a recipe turns out bad especially when the ingredients aren't cheap. Don't let this discourage you from ordering it off a dessert menu if you ever come accross it really is delicious :)

Cucina49 said...

Stacie, thanks for your comment on my blog! I was so worried that it was just a fail on my part. We're in this one together!

Katie said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear it wasn't great for you. It looks lovely though if thats any consolation. Thanks for baking with us

Heather said...

It looks lovely. I'm with you though it was a failure. I think it had more to do with the recipe than the bakers.