11.20.2011

Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake with Ginger-Pecan Crust

This month's Cake Slice Baker's recipe would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table. I'm not a big fan of pumpkin, but even I have to admit that the mixture tasted pretty good. And I have been eating the Sugared Pumpkin Seeds that you garnish the cheesecake with by the handful!

The sides of my cheesecake didn't come out as smooth looking as I would have liked, so I opted to press the pumpkin seeds all the way around to disguise that a little bit.

The recipe is lengthy, but not difficult. Since it has so many steps, I am posting a link to the recipe in printable format.


10 comments:

Paloma said...

WOW! You did great! And pressing pumpkin seeds around your cake was a great (and tasty) idea!!! I am not a big fan of pumpkin either and I also thought it was good!! Welcome to TCS ... This is just my 2nd. cake so I am new too... but I am enjoying SO MUCH being part of the group!

Unknown said...

I really like that little added touch of coating the sides in the sugared pumpkin seeds. It makes it look rustic and pretty :)

Impulsive Addict said...

OMG. This seriously sounds amazing! On a scale of 1-10, how difficult was it to make?

kitchen flavours said...

Hi, Great bake! The cheesecake is really good! Yes, I totally agree with you on the Pumpkin seeds, they are really addictive! I have just purchased a pack of hulled pumpkin seeds to make these again for snacking! Would make a great Christmas gift!

LittleByLittle said...

I tried commenting here earlier but blogger eat it up!

Love love that idea of yours of coating the sides with more sugared pumpkin seeds! what a clever move!

I had the similar results with the side but I cut it up almost immediately to quickly packed and sent out before my waistline got further damaged!

and if blogger ate up my ID again, this is Emily!

Gloria Baker said...

Your cheescake look amazing I love it! gloria

Jill said...

Sounds deeeelicious...Trust me, I'm compiling all of your recipes to try someday when this diet is over! haha!!

OvenDelights said...

I plan to make mine for Thanksgiving :) Hopefully I can find pumpkin seeds, some of the bakers couldn't find any.

Cucina49 said...

I love the pumpkin seeds around the edge--that looks fantastic!

OvenDelights said...

Stacie thanks for the printable google docs link. That really helped me save time!