3.02.2011

Read Across America Day

I love to read--books, magazines, online, you name it. I'm not sure if I just had great teachers who encouraged this love for reading or if it is just in my nature, but I really view reading as a hobby, not a chore. It has been so exciting that Team Jacie's littlest one, Mater, loves books--he'd rather have them than toys--I have had so much fun looking at kid's books and picking out ones that I think he will like! I'm even toying with the idea of starting a Women's Book Club at our church.

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday, which is also celebrated as Read Across America Day. And, its got me wondering--what are you reading? What good books have you been unable to put down lately? I'd love a recommendation!

P.S. If you have a little one in your life, visit Seussville for plenty of reading related fun!

2 comments:

LeeLu Creations said...

I, too, LOVE to read. Currently I'm reading The Snow Garden by Christopher Rice. It's a bit of a mystery and the first book I've read by him. I acquired it at a book exchange.

Two of my all time favorites are: Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. It's one of her more adult books. And also Garth Stein's The Art of Racing in the Rain. Loved it so much I read it in a weekend. :)

KatiePerk said...

I love anything by Maeve Binchy. (Scarlet Feather, Circle of Friends).
I am currently reading Pawley's Island by Dorothea Benton Frank.