2.25.2011

Girl Scouts & Their False Advertising

1. Can you drive a stick shift?

Nope, and I really have no desire to learn.

2. What are two foods you just can't eat?

I am probably the pickiest (fat, plus-sized, husky, more-to-love, insert whatever you think is most politically correct here) gal you will ever meet. There are a lot of foods that I want no part of, but the 2 biggest offenders, the I-won't-touch-it-if-I even-think-it-might-contain-them are tomatoes (raw--I'll eat them cooked as long as they aren't big chunks) and mayonnaise.

3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?

Yeah, let's talk about those cute little girls in green standing outside of the grocery store looking all pitiful, begging you to buy their cookies. "Please buy my cookies so I can go to camp and make friendship bracelets and talk about Justin Bieber. Pretty please?" Well, I have been buying their Thin Mints for years and guess what? I AIN'T THIN!! They don't work!

4. How do you pamper yourself?

I love, love, love, love a hot bath and a book. It is my favorite time for me. But I also love a good pedicure as well, and though I haven't had many, massages can't be beat.

5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?

No real consistent nicknames. People who know me well will shorten Stacie to Stace. And the Rev has some pet names for me that you don't need to know. He has also been known to refer to me as the Napkin Captain whenever we are out to eat because I always get a big stack of napkins, you never know when you might need those...

8 comments:

jennifer @ what would jen do said...

yes, if only the Thin mints could make us thin.

have a great weekend.

René (aka Tweeter Bug) said...

I'm with you on the tomatoes...one of the worst things EVER!

I loved your Thin Mint comment. I wish they did that!!

Thanks for sharing!

Impulsive Addict said...

A hot bath and a book sounds delightful!!

Stupid thin mints. I have some freezing in the freezer right now. Maybe THEN they'll work. I'll do some investigating and get back to you with my results.

Danielle said...

You crack me up! I heard a fun fact on the news yesterday: Thin Mints are actually the lowest calorie cookie that the Girl Scouts sell. I'm a sucker for Samoas, myself.

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Visiting from Five Question Friday. My son doesn't like chunks of tomato either. LOVE your answer to #3.

Feel free to visit and follow me anytime at Back Porchervations.

Beth McC. said...

Tomatoes are my worst enemy- Y U C K- cant do it! Im loving your blog and Im your newest follower!! Love this post, so fun!

jennykate77 said...

Those stupid THIN Mints are making me FAT!!! Seriously false advertising!

I'm with ya on the raw tomatoes. YUCK!

Fun answers!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Ronalee said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. I take a lot of napkins also. And the last time we went to Taco Bell I ended up with quite a few taco sauces in my pocket. You just never know...