9.07.2009

Monkey Brains

This recipe is a great little tailgating, casual company over for snacks type of recipe. It is a favorite of mine because it is the Rev's recipe, which means that he makes it for us, so no kitchen time for me! Not listed in the ingredients is what the Rev calls the most important ingredient--LOVE--I can't guarantee how it will taste if you leave that out...

Monkey Brains


1lb. Neese's hot sausage, browned and drained

1lb. Velveeta cheese (no reduced fat or 2%, per Rev it changes the consistency)
1 16oz. jar of salsa

Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker, crank that puppy up to high and wait.

Give it a good stir every once in a while.

Cook approximately 30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and combined.

Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos Scoops.


This recipe is linked to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's is definitely an eye-catching title! I don't find Neese's sausage around here. Can I subsitute? I would love for you to join me at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesday. It's easy, fun and economical! Come on over and check it out. This would make a great entry for that.

Mandi Shandi said...

YUM! Yet another recipe I'll be putting in the file!