9.21.2009

Chocolate Frito Candy

Don't really remember where I came across this recipe, but if it is yours, DON'T GET ANY CLOSER!, because this stuff is so good, it makes me want to smack someone. If you like chocolate and peanut butter and the combination of salty and sweet, this one is a must try.

Chocolate Frito Candy


1 stick of butter
12 oz bag of chocolate chips
2 T peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
2 cups Fritos
2 cups Pretzels

Put the Fritos and the pretzels in a large Ziploc bag and smash them up. Set aside.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Set that aside, too.

Put the butter, the brown sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring often.

Stir in crushed pretzel and Frito pieces.

Pour the hot candy out onto your lined cookie sheet and spread out with a wooden spoon.


Sprinkle the peanut pieces on top.

Refrigerate for about an hour, or until candy has set completely. Break into pieces.

Linked to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty & Bedlam

7 comments:

kristi_temple said...

You must be trying to kill me! I am trying my hardest to lose some of this weight and here you go again feeding my addiction to salty/sweet treats. You kno I am going to have to try it. It sounds awesome!

Unknown said...

This sounds really good. I like the combination of flavors. I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Come check it out.

kristi_temple said...

I took Michael to the store and showed him the new stainless steel commercial grade blender that I want for my birthday. It is the same brand as the old one and my old blender's pitcher fits on the new blender base so it will be like having 2 blenders. I can't wait only 13 more days. Is it sad that I get so excited about a blender?

Unknown said...

I love this recipe, it's so different. THANKS!!! Geri

Missy said...

Oh my!

PB & chocolate PLUS salty?!? I will probably eat the whole pan myself, but I am definitely going to try these.

Katie @ Kitchen Stewardship said...

Just found you through Tasty Tuesday. This reminds me of a sinful recipe with fritos and white chocolate that I know I should never make... :)

I’m hosting an October Fest Carnival of Super Foods starting Thursday. If you have any recipes with beans/legumes on your site (new or old ones), come on over to link up this week. More details at my site and the themes for the other weeks.
God bless, Katie

Mandi Shandi said...

Yum! This sounds perfect for a candy to put in the Christmas tins I make my aunts and uncles. Thanks!