8.18.2009

Tipsy Tuesday (#27)

Our driveway is super cracked and every once in a while a weed will poke up out of a crack. I don't think that is what they mean by "going green," so a solution is necessary.

Tip #27

Create your own weed killer--kill a little green and save a little green all at once.

Pour 4 oz. of lemon juice in a 1 qt. spray bottle and fill the rest of the way with white vinegar. Swirl, then spray directly on the weeds. The acids in the vinegar and the lemon juice combine to eat away at the stems and dry the roots to deter those green intruders for good.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

i ALWAYS enjoy your tips and this is no exception. I'm giving this recipe to my hubby! THANKS!

Doty Family said...

Hi Stacie, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but my internet has been down and I just got it up today. I am so GLAD you liked it. The vanilla powder is used, just like regular vanilla, but you add it in with the dry ingredients. The cards are from Messy Vegetarian blogger. check out this post on my other blog.

http://mandeeandbrandy.blogspot.com/2009/07/cute-recipe-cards.html


Can't wait to get your package. Thanks a bunch!

Brandy

Doty Family said...

I GOT MY PACKAGE! And I love it! Thanks so much! We are a lot alike, aren't we?? Thank you, thank you, thank you!