5.11.2009

Mac & Cheese Lasagna

If you are the type of foodie who finds the idea of powdered orange cheese to be appalling--stop reading now! I found this recipe in the free Kraft Foods Magazine. The Rev gave this one 3 stars out of 4. I liked it as well, but may try it with the Kraft Deluxe dinner next time, to see how that tastes. I substituted ground chicken for the beef, 'cause that is what I had in the freezer and it worked well. Not gourmet restaurant food, but great for a quick and easy meal!

Mac & Cheese Lasagna

1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner

1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce

1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

Heat oven to 350°F.

Prepare Dinner, using the Light Prep directions on package.

Meanwhile, brown meat in skillet; drain.

Spoon half the Dinner into lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of half each sauce, meat and shredded cheese.

Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan.

Bake 20 min. or until heated through.

1 comment:

Mandi Shandi said...

YUM! My boys love mac and cheese, so I may have to give this a try. I am surprised it actually has spaghetti sauce in it. I thought the meat and cheese would be the only additions.