Use these checklists to help you figure out what you already have that you can donate (reuse) and what items you can bypass at the store (reduce).
Before You Buy:
- Do I absolutely love it?
- Do I already own anything that performs the same function?
- Does this item save me time or space, or otherwise make my life easier?
- Where will I store this?
- Is this the best possible price and quality I can get?
- Do I need to do more research before I buy?
- Does this item serve a clear purpose in my life?
- Do I have another item anywhere in my home that does the same thing?
- Have I used this in the last year?
- Is it broken, and if so, will I actually get it fixed?
- Does it make me happy to look at or use?