4.21.2009

Tipsy Tuesday (#10)

It seems like everywhere you turn these days, we are being encouraged to "go green." Reducing, reusing, and recycling at home can be as easy as asking yourself : Do I really need this?

Tip #10


Use these checklists to help you figure out what you already have that you can donate (reuse) and what items you can bypass at the store (reduce).


Before You Buy:
  • Do I absolutely love it?
  • Do I already own anything that performs the same function?
  • Does this item save me time or space, or otherwise make my life easier?
  • Where will I store this?
  • Is this the best possible price and quality I can get?
  • Do I need to do more research before I buy?
Before You Return It To The Closet:
  • Does this item serve a clear purpose in my life?
  • Do I have another item anywhere in my home that does the same thing?
  • Have I used this in the last year?
  • Is it broken, and if so, will I actually get it fixed?
  • Does it make me happy to look at or use?

No comments: