2.19.2009

Puddles of Yum!

So, in all of my blog following, I come across tons of decorating ideas, crafts and recipes that I want to try. I made the beauties above to give as Valentine's treats. The recipes for these came from one of my favorite blogs, Sunday Baker. The recipe for Puddles of Yum is here. Now be forewarned, you will spend hours poring over all of the wonderful recipes that she has and looking at the mouthwatering pictures of each one!

I must confess that I cheated a little on this recipe and used that sugar cookie dough that comes in the refrigerated section instead of making the dough as the recipe calls for. #1. I was feeling lazy, and #2. Lil' Miss Wilkes is allergic to peanut butter and I didn't want her to be left out! So, if you want to go that route, just buy the package of 24 cookie dough squares and roll them into balls before placing in the muffin tin. I made about 4 dozen with this recipe and had some filling left over. I would have taken Sunday Baker's advice and served it over ice cream if the Rev and I hadn't eaten it right out of the mixing bowl with a spoon...

Enjoy!

No comments: