1.28.2016

Elise's Big Girl Room: The Vision

So, I have a confession...my 3 year old still sleeps in a crib...partly because it took me a lot of Craigslist scouring to find the antique bed that I wanted and partly (OK, mostly) because she is going to be my only baby and I want to keep her that way...#truth

Here is the plan for her big girl room:
  • The antique spindle bed ($65 Craigslist score!) will be painted a nice white.
  • The mid century modern night stand and chest of drawers that we have will get a gold dipped/white paint treatment (white upper, gold lower, similar to the pink chest pictured).
  • The now beige walls are going Aqua Chiffon.
  • The fluffy pink rug that we have will stay and be an anchor for the pink and aqua pillows that I will make. I am using vintage white matelassé bedding so that the pillows and wall/rug colors will really pop.
  • A DIY tassel garland will add some fun to the end of the bed.
  • We will add touches of pink, aqua, and gold with accessories and artwork.
I know that it will be beautiful and that my girl is so excited for blue walls ("blue is my favorite," she reminds on a daily basis), but I sure am going to miss the mornings when she yells out, "I need someone to get me out!"

Don't even get me started on the tears that will come when we actually sell the crib and changing table...

1 comment:

Jill said...

OH lol... "I need someone to get me out!" That brought a smile to my face! Poor wee trapped baby girl. ;) I don't blame you for wanting to keep her your baby as long as you can, I have a feeling I'd be doing the same if I were you. She's going to love her new room when it's ready though!! Love the colours!!