5.12.2014

This Is For The Birds...

A few weeks ago, the Rev put a bird feeder out on the back deck so that Elise could watch the birds. She sees them and runs over to yell, "Eat, eat!"

I think maybe they are tired of having their dinner interrupted because over the weekend they started dive bombing the dining room window and pecking. I've seen birds fly into glass accidentally, but that is not what is happening. This same bird is flying in and landing on the window framing or the storm door window and pecking like he wants in. It was cute at first, now its just creepy. Do you have any unwanted animal guests where you live?

2 comments:

Sarah Shumate said...

That used to happen at our home in Tennessee pretty often. Sometimes they'd seem to do it on purpose. Always scared the bejeezus out of me when they'd run into the glass full force.

One time, one hit so hard that it was stunned, so I went outside to check on it. It survived and eventually flew away, but not before I had the chance to pet it! :)

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

We had birds do that at my house growing up. I guess the only thing you could do is muddy up the windows b/c I think they see their reflection and think its another bird they are flirting with... they are some silly birds to be that desperate to be flirting with a window image, but maybe the bird dating world is slim picken's?