5.23.2014

Penny Art

When I saw Emmy's Important Date Art, I fell in love! I wanted to do something that would be a super quick and simple way to share our family's important dates, but on a smaller scale. I already had a large family art piece planned (more on that later), so this one needed to be just a small reminder.

Because Elise loves putting them in the piggy bank and because we had plenty on hand, I opted for pennies. I scoured my change purse and scoped out the piggybank and I was able to come up with pennies for the year the Rev was born (1970), the year I was born (1974), the year we met (2000), the year we married (2004), and the year of Elise's birth (2012).

A little scrapbook paper and washi tape in a frame, hot glue to attach my pennies, and I was done. I think it is a perfect addition to the framed wedding invitation that we were given when we married and some simple chalkboard art from my favorite hymn.


No comments: