2.25.2014

Tipsy Tuesday (#253)

I have a confession...I am not a brand snob (well, unless we are talking toilet paper or soda, that's non-negotiable!). And my un-snobbish ways are saving us money.

Tip #253

Try generic brands of items you buy regularly.

Instead of just picking up the ordinary brand of an item you buy, try out the store brand or generic version of the item. Likely, you’ll save a few cents now, but you’ll also likely discover that the store brand is just as good as the name brand – the only difference between the two, often, is the marketing. I've even got the Rev using generic ketchup instead of his beloved Heinz...but he drew the line at generic sloppy joe sauce..win some, lose some. Try substituting 1 item you regularly purchase for a generic each week and you’ll find your grocery bill getting smaller and smaller.

Do you use generics? Any item that you refuse to buy generic?

2 comments:

KatiePerk said...

I am not really in to generic sodas! I need full throttle coke in my life. But I do buy a ton of generics when offered.

Emmy said...

Yes there are a couple of things i insist on a certain brand but so many I am more than happy to buy store brand