10.09.2013

I've Got Sunshine...


Jill was kind enough to give me the Sunshine Award and she wants to know my answers to these questions!

1. I believe everyone has a “theme song” – one song that defines them, speaks to them, moves them... What is yours?

I love music and my brain tends to think in song, so it is impossible to narrow it down to one, but I have always loved Hanson's "MmmBop," it's so peppy and talks about being a great friend, I love it! P.S. If you aren't giving the grown up Hanson music a shot, you don't know what you are missing.

2. They’re making a movie about your life. Who do choose to play you on the big screen?

I have absolutely no idea...any suggestions?

3. What is your favourite holiday, and why?

I love the meaning of Christmas and I love picking out presents for others, so it is definitely my favorite, but it is hard to beat the food at Thanksgiving!

4. You are given a free ticket to travel anywhere in the world for one month – where do you go, and what sights do you see?

Somewhere tropical, and relaxing and if I see no sights, that would be fine with me!

5. Are you a fan of Reality TV? If so, which show would you like to be on and why?

Yes, I love it all! I would want to be on "The Mole" (which doesn't come on anymore). It was like a detective type/challenge reality show where everyone was trying to figure out who among the group was the mole sabotaging their game.

6. What is your biggest pet peeve?

People who cannot spell, and the abbreviation ASAP - it makes me feel rushed and I think it is rude.

7. What is your favourite thing about Autumn? What is this season like where you live?

Football!! It is typically in the 50's-60's in NC in the fall, though this past weekend it was almost 90. We live in the foothills and are very fortunate to experience a very colorful, rolling mountains in the distance fall.

8. Do you play an instrument? If not, what instrument would you like to learn to play?

I played the clarinet all through school, but haven't played in years. You may remember that I have a goal to learn to play the piano before I turn 40, only 7 months to learn, yikes!

9. You’re on a diet, and trying to avoid certain junk foods… which is your biggest temptation – the hardest to resist?

Candy! Chocolate, Twizzlers, Jelly beans, all of it!

10. Do you have a Bucket List? Tell me one of the items on it that you hope to cross off someday.

Ya'll, if you do not know by now, you have not been paying attention, I am boring, no sense of adventure at all. I think the only goal I have that would remotely count is a goal to spend at least 1 night in all 50 states, so far I have checked off 11 states.

Now, I am supposed to pick 10 of you to play along, but I hate picking, so I'm inviting any of you, since you all bring sunshine to me, to answer these questions on your blog, or in the comments if you don't blog!

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely t get to know you better Stacie! I am a massive Twizzler's fan too but we can't readily get them here in Ireland so whenever i got to the US, I stock up! And they are usually gone in a few days of coming home... I have no will power! Probably a good thing I can't get them here! :)

Hope you got sorted out for you little 'uns birthday party! It seems crazy to me that the government can just shut down!

Wishing you a great day, Hazel x

Sarah Shumate said...

I had no idea MmmBop actually had any sort of meaning behind it! Now I've got to google the lyrics...

I will admit it to you, and no one else...I do like grown-up Hanson. Don't tell anyone.

Jill said...

Thank you so much for answering my questions!! :)

I love MmmmBop, but confess to not listening to grown-up Hanson. I'm on it.

I used to really enjoy The Mole too!! I wish it was still on!!

Good luck with that goal of learning piano by 40 ;)

Emmy said...

I think Christmas is my favorite too, especially now with kids who it is still all so magical for, makes it so fun. I think I would go to Europe though some place tropical sure sounds nice. I think I have visited 23 o4 24 different states, I have lived in 5 states!

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

Gosh we must be some how related. I LOVED THE MOLE show!!! I can't believe it was taken off the air. I wanted to be on that show too.