8.20.2013

Tipsy Tuesday (#228)

So, I'm learning a totally new data system at school, complete with a new mile long password...that I am sure to forget.

Tip #228

Change your passwords to "passphrases" to ensure that you remember them.


Using a phrase like, "I studied Education in 1992." would meet all criteria like upper and lower case, numbers, and a special character and would be slightly easier to remember than some of the other crazy combinations that you would have to create in order to have a viable password.

I store my passwords in a Task list in my email program just so that I have a backup that I can access at all times. Now, if I can just remember that email password...

5 comments:

Jill said...

Great tip!!!

Connie said...

My husband's passwords are so crazy I'll never be able to get into his computer when he dies. And he changes them constantly!!

Sarah Shumate said...

Can you even do that on most websites, though? Don't they normally restrict you to like 8-12 characters or something? This is pretty genius if it works! :o)

Emmy said...

Would that be too long though? Some only allow passwords so long.

Rebecca said...

great tip i never would have thought of that