7.02.2013

Tipsy Tuesday (#222)

The 4th of July is this week and that means fireworks...

Tip #222

Enjoy the holiday safely by remembering these tips from the Consumer Products Safety Commission:

•Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.

•Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Parents don't realize that young children suffer injuries from sparklers. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - the equivalent of a blow torch.

•Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.

•Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.

•Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.

•Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.

•After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.

**Alright now, I'm talking tips, head over to see what Impulsive and Shawn are talking about on Talk to us Tuesday!**

3 comments:

becca said...

great tips for the holiday

Connie Weiss said...

These are all very good tips! I wish we could light some fireworks but they are all banned in Colorado this year.

Janette Johanson said...

Good tips! This was our first year to go see any-- we sat so close that the pieces from the fireworks were landing right in front of us- some hit a few people near by but the show was amazing! :)