3.25.2013

What The Buzz Is About

I'm late to this month's Cake Slice Baker's party, but I was waiting to bake this month's cake when I actually needed it! Mom is here helping out with Elise for a few days and last night we had a mini birthday celebration for her.

The Honey Bee Cake was yummy, though I omitted the almonds on top. The honey glaze sort of crunched up and was delicious, we ate ours with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. It's a simple cake to make and could be dressed up in many ways. Now I see what the buzz was about with this cake and my fellow bakers!

Recipe is available in Julie Richardson's cookbook, Vintage Cakes.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Love that you baked it for a special person! This is a winner!

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

oh I love whipped cream and strawberries! Those two help add so much more to a cake!! Sounds delicious-- wonder what it would taste like to add some chocolate chips in there somewhere?

Miss Angie said...

That looks so tasty. Strawberry shortcakei s a fave of mine and that looks pretty similar!

Paloma said...

That looks really great! Glad you enjoyed it! :) Now you're part of the Buzz! :)

Connie said...

I'm a huge fan of cake but not frosting. Does that make me weird?

Unknown said...

Awesome! Together with cream and strawberries, it definitely goes one level up :)

OvenDelights said...

I agree, I bet this cake is just as awesome without the nuts!

ImWhisper said...

Oh I bet the strawberries went well with this cake.
Fun to be able to share it for a special occasion!

:)
Holly