9.13.2012

Nursery DIY: Baby Hoop-la!

The baby’s nursery is full of DIY projects. Many of them are still in progress, so I’ll be sharing them with you bit by bit.

We decided not to paint the walls, which are a neutral khaki (is anybody that knows me really surprised that the walls are khaki? I still say the world would be easier if we all just wore khaki and black uniforms…)…partly because they are textured and kind of a pain in the backside to paint and partly because I knew that my fabrics were really colorful and would be showcased better with a neutral canvas. There is plenty of blank wall space to be filled, so using embroidery hoops (which are big on Pinterest and in blogland right now) filled with my fabrics was a great way to get a lot of impact for little dollar. I purchased a grouping of hoops in all different shapes and sizes from someone on eBay who had used them as wedding décor. I filled them with my 3 fabrics and some doilies that belonged to MeeMaw for some girliness. They fill up the corner wall behind the rocking chair quite nicely. If you look closely, you’ll see that one is a clock—that was another simple DIY that just needed a few buttons and some clockworks.

Total cost for this wall of art was just under $20.

6 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Adorable! I love the doilies, but I bet that doesn't surprise you! I love that vintage feel and that they were MeeMaw's makes it even more special. Our nursery walls are still pretty bare.

Jill said...

That's so perfect for your little one's nursery. Love that you've got so many DIY projects on the go...will keep you busy until your girl decides to arrive! :)

Beth W said...

Great idea! And you could even make them into a mobile, too!

Impulsive Addict said...

You're so thrifty and such a good DIY person. I, on the other hand, just like to pay to have someone do it for me. I'm thinking that either makes me lazy or non-gifted in the DIY area. However, my mom has helped me with some projects. And by "helped", I mean that she is completing them in her home and I have no part in the process at all. Again....probably due to my laziness.

Rebecca said...

what a cute and creative idea love this
Come Say HI

LeeLu Creations said...

OMG, love! I have some vintage hoops that I've been meaning to find a spot to do this with. It looks great, so great that I am pinning you right now! Your baby girl will love it. :)