2.24.2012

Trivia Night

Twice a year, our school puts together a Trivia team to compete in a Trivia night that benefits a local charity. The Rev and I love competition and the "Music, Movies & More" format that they use in the winter is one of our favorites. Its a great evening with dinner, fellowship with friends and co-workers, some heated competition, and all of the benefits going to the Special Olympics.

Our categories were: Classic Disney animation, "Tom & Sandra" (movies starring either Tom Hanks or Sandra Bullock), Superheroes, Ernest T. Bass, Famous TV houses/scenes/settings, "Must See TV" (shows of the last five years), Board Games, Card Games, Video Games. Audio clues including Famous Cartoon-Character voices and Show Tunes.

We did great, until the whole Ernest T. Bass category. I didn't even know who he was, I was never a big fan of the "Andy Griffith Show." So that category pretty much killed us and dashed our hopes for winning. Maybe next time.

Now, a mini trivia event for you...one of our questions (which we did not know the answer to) was what was Shaggy's (from Scooby Doo) real name? Shaggy was just his nickname. Without using Google, does anybody know the answer? A random prize to the first person that gets it right!



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

you said no google but you didn't say I couldn't cheat and ask my son so if my 11yr old is correct his real name is Norville Rogers.

Diane B said...

Sounds like great fun. But I can't believe you didn't know "it's me, it's me, it's Ernest T"