Tipsy Tuesday (#108)

Only 5 more weeks to get those taxes filed..

Tip #108

See if you fall into one of these 4 categories and qualify for free assistance with your taxes.

  • If you earned $49,000 or less in 2010, seek out the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (800-906-9887 for locations), a network of IRS-certified volunteers who prepare federal returns for free.

  • If you earned $58,000 or less in 2010, use Free File software to prepare and file your federal return (visit IRS.gov to link to participating companies). Answer simple questions, and it fills out the form for you.

  • If you’re age 60 or older, try AARP’s Tax-Aide (888-227-7669 or AARP.org/TaxAide for locations). At more than 6,500 locations, trained volunteers help you file federal, state and local returns.

  • If you’re part of a military family, the Armed Forces Tax Council ( IRS.gov for information) offers free tax advice and preparation at offices within the service member’s installation unit.

Info courtesy of Woman's Day and Sharon Epperson, CNBC’s personal finance correspondent.


jennykate77 said...

Great tips and links, as always!

I love your Tipsy Tuesdays!

Hope you're having a great week!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Wow those are some great tips thanks darling :)

Impulsive Addict said...

You are always so HELPFUL! =)