10.24.2010

Un-Scary Cupcakes

Our Fall Festival at the church was yesterday and the Rev and I were in charge of Cupcake Decorating with the kids. Man, it is hard to find fall cupcakes that aren't witches, spiders, mummies, or other scary stuff! I finally settled on scarecrows, pumpkins, and fall leaves, and I thought that they turned out pretty good. And the kids had fun!

Getting everything together was a bit of a challenge in this Walmart only town! I needed leaf sprinkles for the tree cupcake, but we didn't have any here, so I went with fall M&M's instead. My other substtution was due to my own cheapness. Can you believe a little bottle of sprinkles is like $2? I needed alot for the pumpkins, so that price was not cutting it. If you are ever in a pinch, just use regular food coloring--the kind that comes 4 little bottles in a box--along with the color chart on the back of the box, and color your own sugar. You just add the right amount of drops, and then kind of stir with a fork until it is all blended. This also comes in handy if you want a color that is not readily available.

So, that is what we've been up to this weekend, what about you?

No comments: