5.13.2010

Pioneer Woman Book Signing

I have been following The Pioneer Woman, for a while now. I love her sense of humor, beautiful photography, and oh my goodness, her recipes are so yummy! I ordered her cookbook through my book club a while back and have been drooling over it ever since. When she mentioned on her blog that she would be making a book signing appearance in Charlotte, just an hour and a half away, I knew I wanted to go.

So, last Friday, due to some traffic issues, my Mom and I showed up for her 6:00pm book signing at about 6:45. We found out that we had to check in and get a ticket, since she would be seeing folks in small groups. What group were we in?--oh, just letter T, and they were only on C when we got there!


Fortunately for me, while I was making a bathroom run, some nice souls who had traded up tickets paid it forward and asked my Mom if we wanted their N tickets, so we moved up! Finally, at a little before 10:00, it was our turn! Ree was sooo sweet and posed for what must have seemed like her bazillionth picture.


The Rev had asked me to smack her 'cause her flank steak is that good, but I was nice and refrained from any physical appreciation of her cooking skills. She was so pleased that she even added a memo to "Enjoy the flank steak!" to her signing. Such fun and thanks to Mom for standing in line even though she had no clue about The Pioneer Woman, her book, and still doesn't really get the whole blogging thing....


3 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Swing by my blog!! YOU WON!!

Michele said...

I was so bummed that I couldn't go when she came to Chicago. I love her recipes...she sounds like she's such an awesome woman!

Hugz,
michele

Shannon said...

That's awesome and I'm sure it was well worth the wait! :)