Spend $1 on a jar of Vaseline petroleum jelly and you can do all of this...
1. Remove beauty mistakes- Before painting your nails or coloring your hair, smear a very thin layer on the skin around your nails or hairline. Mistakes will wipe right off!
2. Remove gum from hair - Massage a decent sized scoop onto the gum and surrounding hair until the gum slips off.
3. Stop squeaking - In a pinch, substitute petroleum jelly for WD-40 and silence a squeaky door or drawer.
4. Create nonstick candleholders - Spread a thin layer in the base of any candleholder before using; light as usual. When you are done, the melted wax will pop right out.
5. Substitute for mascara- put a tiny smear of petroleum jelly on your finger, hold it in front of your eyelashes, and blink--perfect for girls who aren't yet ready for makeup!