1.02.2010

Deluxe Potato Casserole

My MeeMaw gave me a great cookbook of Crock Pot recipes for Christmas and I love it! I am like a kid when it comes to cookbooks, I love pictures--and this one has pictures of almost every recipe.

This recipe is actually the second one that I have made from my new book and it was a perfect side dish. I served it with steamed broccoli and Pioneer Woman's Marinated Flank Steak. (Seriously, you must make her flank steak and be sure to opt for the controversial optional sauce to go with--you will not be sorry..)

Deluxe Potato Casserole

1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

8oz. sour cream
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
1 teaspoon salt
2lbs. potatoes, peeled and chopped
8oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 to 2 cups stuffing mix

Combine soup, sour cream, onion, 1/4 cup butter and salt in a small bowl.

Combine potatoes and cheese in crock pot. Pour soup mixture over potato mixture; mix well. sprinkle stuffing mix over potato mixture; drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons butter.


Cover; cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.


More great recipes at Tasty Tuesday over at Balancing Beauty & Bedlam.



3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I have made Pioneer Woman's flank Steak it is good! I printed this for tomorrow. Thank you for sharing!

Sandra Flowers said...

Which Crock Pot Cookbook did you get for Christmas? I love crock pot cooking.

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

What a great combo! I love crock pots as well. In fact, I just posted a new link on my blog about a blog that has oodles and oodles of crock pot recipes! You should check it out!