I whipped up this Mocha Sugar Body Scrub for a birthday gift for a friend, but it would be perfect for teachers, neighbors, girlfriends, really any special gal on your Christmas list. The chocolatey, coffee smell would be a great perk up in the morning and is perfect for those like me, who love the smell of coffee, but don't drink it!
Here is what you need:
- 1/2 pint jar ( I love these Elite Ball jars--the square shape is so cool!)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons coffee grounds
- large pinch of cinnamon
- large pinch of nutmeg
- 3-4 tablespoons almond or olive oil
Here is what you do:
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add oil to desired consistency.
- Put in your jar and pretty it up with a scrapbook paper label and some ribbon.
Things to note:
- Best used in the shower, a little messy, but your skin will be amazingly soft after!
- Almond oil can be found at health food stores and is a little pricey. Also, anyone with tree nut allergies would not be able to use a scrub made with almond oil. For these reasons, I opted for olive oil. You do sacrifice a little of the yummy smell that comes with almond oil, so adding a little essential oil in a fragrance of your choice would be fine, but really the coffee is frangrant enough.
- This disclaimer is for those clumsy like me and would seem to be common sense, but I want to cover my bases. Oil is slippery, when it gets on the shower floor, that floor will become slippery. Be careful--you don't want your mother-in-law or boss slipping and cracking open their tater in the shower (well, maybe you would, but I don't want to be responsible!), so use responsibly.
Now, head on over to Chris' party for more great gift ideas!
And visit Beckie at Infarrantly Creative for other great easy to make gifts!