7.13.2009

Lime Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Tenders

We are some serious chicken eaters at our house--we eat it all the time. So anytime I can change it up with a new recipe, I jump! This one was in my latest Southern Living magazine and it is definitely a keeper. We ate it with this rice that Kiki recommended.

Lime Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Tenders

2 large eggs
1 (2-lb.) package frozen chicken tenderloins, thawed
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 3/4 cups finely crushed lime-flavored tortilla chips

Preheat oven to 425º. Whisk together eggs and 1 Tbsp. water until blended.

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in crushed tortilla chips.

Place chicken on a lightly greased wire rack on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.


Bake at 425º for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.

Don't forget to visit Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for more great recipes!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

*wipes* saliva from chin... MMMMMM... yummy! Saving this one!

DarcyLee said...

I love chicken with lime so I know I would love this one. Thanks for sharing it and for visiting my blog.

Jerralea said...

This looks great. I love buying those bags of chicken tenderloins.